Wednesday, March 21, 2007

They did not inquire...

Joshua 9:14
14 The men of Israel sampled their provisions but did not inquire of the LORD.

Joshua and the leaders of Israel really did a lot of things right in this story. Right by me anyway…. They asked a lot of questions. They looked at the evidence. In fact, as I read the story I started to pat myself on the back…”look at that… I do a lot of those same things. I’m handle things like Joshua in the Bible. Good for me!”

Then I read vs. 14. Ouch.

I do do things just like Joshua in the Bible. So many times I put a plan into place in my life, in my ministry because all the evidence says that it makes sense. So why not? But I fail to ask God what He thinks.

I wonder if I’m alone in this? How much better would our ministries be if this was always where we start?

No comments: