Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rut A vs. Rut B

This morning I ran across a video recommendation from a friend of mine, Paul Steinbrueck.  It was hysterical and sobering all at the same time.

Take a look and see what you think.


"Sunday's Coming" Movie Trailer from North Point Media on Vimeo.

Our services become predictable. Well, I shouldn't speak for you, but my services become predictable. We refer to this in our planning meetings as the Rut Syndrome. Now, for variety's sake, we have more than one rut. We're probably up to about 5 by now. Here are some of our favorites:

1. Rut A: Worship, drama, announcements, offering, teaching
2. Rut B: Worship, announcements, offering, sermon bumper, teaching
3. Rut C: Worship, announcements, offering, teaching, closing song (ahhh! a refreshing wrinkle!)
4. Rut D: Worship, set up, drama, teaching part I, song, teaching part II, video, wrap up (now there's creativity at work!)

I hope you're chuckling as you read this because I am as I write. I wonder, what are some of your ruts? Perhaps, from the comments, we can all get a new one to add to our repertoire!

Thank you to North Point Media for sharing this with us!  I have a feeling I'll view it often. 

1 comment:

Jackie the Artsy said...

Deana, that clip was hilarious, and you're right very sobering too that we are such creatures of habit.

Praying for the Lord to pour out special inspiration for you today.